[FFmpeg-devel] ffprobe packets and frames parsing

Robert Krüger krueger
Tue Mar 9 13:33:14 CET 2010

Stefano,

I might have missed the explanation for this in one of your recent postings but I just noticed that ffprobe integrated with ffmpeg currently doesn't have options to parse packets/frames (which is e.g. necessary to determine if content is interlaced).

What are your plans regarding this? Are you going to port this code into the version integrated with ffmpeg? I was going to contribute a patch which implements the -vframes option but that isn't possible currently.

Thanks for any info and thanks for integrating with the ffmpeg distro,

Regards,

Robert