[FFmpeg-devel] how to test MMS over TCP protocol in ffmpeg

Alan Steremberg alans
Sun Mar 7 02:38:56 CET 2010

> I'll check libmms.

libmms has a bad dependency on a gtk (or glib?) url library.. So eventually,
the hardest part will be redoing the URL parsing. There isn't really a
generic URL parser in ffmpeg (as far as I have seen) so this will be a bit
of a pain. I don't think the bandwidth parameter passed to libmms works.  I
believe I also changed around the select/blocking logic.  If you get the
generic libmms working, feel free to pull down my hacked version at:
http://www.wunderradio.com (click on the LGPL link) and look through my
modifications.

> > Sorry for this, I had actually assumed Ryan's patches worked... :-(.
> > I'll help you test next week to make sure we're moving in the right
> > direction here.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> As mentioned in my last mail, Ryan's original code can be found by [1].
> there is some differences with my primary work in soc svn.
> I am trying to fix the bug for the current version. Certainly, libmms will
> be a good reference.
>
> zhentan
>
> [1]
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/attachments/20070102/3b08b76a/attachment.obj