[FFmpeg-devel] More on MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync with PTS/DTS ("dts < pcr, TS is invalid")

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Thu Mar 4 18:55:38 CET 2010

Tymek Majewski | Cubitech Ltd. <tymek.majewski <at> cubitech.co.uk> writes:

> 1. ffmpeg -i Blu-ray_AVC_1920x1080_LPCM.mpg output.ts
> would generate
> [mpegts @ 0x3420050]dts < pcr, TS is invalid
> and produce files that cannot be played by VLC

Above command line works fine for me (no warnings about invalid output) on a
random AVC-LPCM ts sample and the resulting file plays fine in vlc (which
reports "libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected
0) for PID 4095").

Carl Eugen