[FFmpeg-devel] how to test MMS over TCP protocol in ffmpeg

zhentan feng spyfeng
Thu Mar 4 10:23:17 CET 2010

hi
I am implementing MMS protocol over TCP based on Ryan Martell's work.
here is my method to test it:

step 1)
I find a link from Internet,
mmst://Mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv, which is a mmst
server.
In order to figure out how the mmst protocol works, I want to capture the
communication packets by sniffer tool.
Unfortunately,the high version of Window Media Player does not support the
mmst protocol, so I find a software named "HiDownLoad" which supports mmst.
Then I run HiDownLoad and successfully get the packet communicating between
client and the server.

step 2)
Helped by the captured packets, I hack the code and know what the code
actually say.
Then I run the command in order to test the code:
./ffmpeg -i mmst://Mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv test.wmv
(or other command will be more suitable? ffplay?)

there some error like this:
mmst://Mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv: I/O error occurred
Usually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted.

I debug it and found that it seems that the code doesn't call url_read() to
get the data from networks.
I am not sure , I'll check it later.

my question is:
Is this the method for testing the code ok?
or any other suggestions?

thanks
zhentan
--