[FFmpeg-devel] Patch to fix qtrle endian issue with rgb555 pixel format

Mo DeJong mosesdejong
Tue Mar 2 07:57:11 CET 2010

As far as I could tell, there is no support in libswscale for
converting a rgb555le to rgb555be, and it is not clear how to add that
support in a generic way. Correct me if I am wrong here, but it seems
to me the -pix_fmt passed on the command line should be "-pix_fmt
rgb555" and not "-pix_fmt rgb555be" which would be required if
PIX_FMT_RGB555BE was put into the pix_fmts for this codec. My patch
makes the minimal change needed to get the quicktime encoder working
the way it seems it should be, please advise if there is a clearly
better approach.

Mo DeJong