[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Scale filter should use multiples of 2

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jun 30 02:16:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 01:04:36AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2010-06-29 12:56:17 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> > On 6/29/10 12:02 PM, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> > >Hey,
> > >
> > >Attached is a small patch to make the vf_scale filter always produce
> > >multiples of 2 when the -1 option is used for either width or height to
> > >keep the aspect ratio. This lets you use it properly with some encoders,
> > >like libx264, that would otherwise fail, e.g:
> >
> > This depends on the output pixel format. For 420, indeed it would be useful.
>
> Odd-size rescaling was a feature explicitely requested by Michael. I'm
> not against adding an option to make it only issues even-sized image though.

I insisted possibly on it being supported (that is important)
but doing it by default with 420 seems odd

Into a blind darkness they enter who follow after the Ignorance,
they as if into a greater darkness enter who devote themselves
to the Knowledge alone. -- Isha Upanishad