[FFmpeg-devel] Patches from XBMC

Joakim Plate elupus
Tue Jun 29 20:50:16 CEST 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/5090fb9a1aa18b6a702b321968d35853cf3f44
47
> I wonder what this is about since MPlayer shows DVB teletext with -demuxer
lavf

You sure you don't mean it shows subtitles? This is actual teletext. Ie
fullscreen info screens. Ie http://svt.se/svttext/web/pages/100.html

http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/f90139a601e8670c8e9f8a308d46bb21e4451d
45
> I think I have tested this patch many times, but it does not fix anything
> (except the "fps" output). But I'd love to be corrected since this is the
> second-most reported problem after the already mentioned 1086, iirc.

It fixes much for us. Way smoother playback of the rmvb file. Atleast it
used to anyway, we use something similar to mplayer's autosync sync
method. This smooths over timestamps errors by using fps. This went totally
bonkers at the wrong fps.

http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/bf4544ba7ba41e11c2644b38738ca07b225fcb
9c
> This is rejected, afaict.

It's was required since older vdpau releases wouldn't build with ffmpeg
otherwise (didn't include mpeg4). I suspect we can call it totally mute
at this point.

http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/a9f54fa6c8291093e57b939a1157804cd7569f
ef
> I would love to get a relevant sample (or understand the commit message).

It's to make the spdif muxer strip of DTS-HD and EAC3 so that the core
DTS/AC3 is output over spdif. I don't expect that would be something that
would be interesting upstream. A bitstream filter would have been a better
tool, but this was an easier quicker fix.