[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW and shlibdir and pkg-config

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Jun 21 12:46:58 CEST 2010

Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> in these days I'm playing at compiling FFmpeg on Windows using MinGW.

Why don't you do something useful instead?

> One strangeness which I noticed is that the DLL install path is set by
> default to the default bindir:

That seems to be the convention on Windows.

> On the other hand in the generated pkg-config files the libdir is
> always set to $libdir even when shared libs compilation is
> enabled. Result is that when the FFmpeg DLLs are linked using the
> pkg-config --libs flags the DLLs are not found (as they are installed
> in $bindir rather than in $libdir, which is the path specified by the
> .pc files).

The import libs (whatever the hell that is) go in $libdir, and those
are what the linker needs to find.  Ramiro should be able to fill in
the details.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com