[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP over HTTP tunnel authentication

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Jun 14 19:23:15 CEST 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Stas Oskin wrote:

> > Is that needed/implemented somewhere? I'd avoid it if isn't supported.
> >

> Almost any IP equipment vendor out there (cameras, encoders) is providing
> this option.
> Apple also allows protecting it's QT/DSS servers via authentication which
> includes the tunnel mode as well.

As far as I've used DSS, I've only seen passwords set to restrict
broadcasting. When I tested this combined with http tunneling earlier
today, the tunnel get/post worked just fine without a password, and a
password was only required for doing the ANNOUNCE, within the tunnel.

But I guess there's some way of password restricting viewing too, I
haven't tried that. Is that what you're referring to? Can you choose
to require digest auth there, too?

// Martin