[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Jun 12 22:31:59 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 04:27:49PM -0400, Alex Converse wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I have even seen some projects subscribe to the idea "take the commit
> > message for git from the email without modification no matter how bad".
>
> Reject the patch on teh grounds of having a bad commit message, just
> like we do with whitespace.

Proper committers will not have to sent patches first I guess.
Also, this means we have to change the documentation to ask people to
include commit messages (and tell them how to do so, maybe even also
for those who do not want to/feel "unable" to use git?)
Do we actually have a disagreement that this means we will probably
want to do some things differently here and thus need to decide
and document how, preferably beforehand?