[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Alexander Strange astrange
Sat Jun 12 21:22:26 CEST 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 8:06 AM, Mike Melanson wrote:

> Luca Barbato wrote:
>> I noticed that more and more people started to use git instead of svn to contribute to ffmpeg, I'm wondering if the times are now mature to switch to git.
>> Could you please raise (again) your concerns about switching to git?
>
> git requires a certain minimum level of intelligence to use. I fail to reach that level.
>
> Aside from that, what does a DVCS' lack of monotonic version numbers mean for FATE?

x264's version.sh works fine for generating git revision numbers:
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=x264.git;a=blob;f=version.sh;h=7f06c7c5f4f7b3205b6460581d5723d23c7514d9;hb=HEAD