[FFmpeg-devel] x264 encoding over RTP and playing in VLC

Dominik Tomczak dominiktomczak
Fri Jun 11 13:58:51 CEST 2010

Hello

I get sources from daily svn snapshot, not official release. I downloaded
also x264 0.9.8. After compilation the latest ffmpeg can stream H264/RTP
like a charm. VLC plays the video correctly.
Thanks guys for help.
Have a nice weekend.

Dominik Tomczak

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> On 06/11/2010 11:29 AM, Dominik Tomczak wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have just tried. I have still the same problem. Video looks like there:
>> http://dominiktomczak.com/photo/stream_video.JPG
>>
>> I use Cygwin build of ffmpeg 0.5.1 with libx264. The same result I get
>> with
>> MinGW build. I haven't checked yet the build of Linux version.
>> The cmd line is:
>> $  ffmpeg -i c:/Download/movie.avi -an -vcodec libx264 -vpre normal -b
>> 1000k
>> -f rtp rtp://localhost:5000
>>

> You forgot "-re" again :)
>
> And update to svn. I am using ffmpeg from svn, and this command line works
> ok
> with vlc 1.0.6
>

>                        Luca

Dominik Tomczak