[FFmpeg-devel] x264 encoding over RTP and playing in VLC

Dominik Tomczak dominiktomczak
Fri Jun 11 10:50:53 CEST 2010

Hello

I'm developing my own software for encoding the raw RGB24/32 video into x264
and stream it using RTP to VideoLanPlayer (VLC). I use libavcodec and
libavformat. The problem is that I can play the video correctly neither
using ffmpeg tool nor using my tool.
Could you point me to some samples of ffmpeg code where x264 encoding and
RTP muxing is done?
When I use ffmpeg with command line:

 ffmpeg -i c:/movie.avi -an -vcodec libx264 -vpre normal -b 1000k -f rtp
rtp://127.0.0.1:5000/

The video being played in VLC looks like this:
http://dominiktomczak.com/photo/stream_video.JPG

<http://dominiktomczak.com/photo/stream_video.JPG>Any hints are warmly
welcome.

Regards