[FFmpeg-devel] MJPG decoder picture quality

Pavel Pavlov pavel
Wed Jun 9 01:59:11 CEST 2010

[Pavel Pavlov]
I didn't use ffmpeg, I used avcodec. I tried doing it using ffmpeg -i Tulips.jpg test%d.png and I tried a downloadable ffmpeg build and I got the same results and in all cases images look the same.
By the way, I didn't notice any color differences between my image Tulips_yuv444.png, original Tulips.jpg and test%d.png, what color hotness differences do you get? Even if these images look the same, they really are far from the same; look closer: original image has perfect lines and the other two have some jagged edges and colors have some green or black in transition from yellow to red. My Tulips_yuv444.png is a bit different because it's actually yuvj444p rendered by sdl (yuv surface) and then I simply made a screenshot of the window :) yuv444 is the MJPG output for hi quality jpegs, has no relation to png of course.