[FFmpeg-devel] [Error] Reading FFmpeg H.264 video

Nicolas Mivielle nmivielle
Mon Jun 7 14:46:41 CEST 2010

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:

> "Nicolas Mivielle" <nmivielle <at> betomorrow.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to compile FFmpeg for Android device with NEON activated.
>
> Wrong mailing list.

What mailing list can I use?

> > This is my GCC options : "-mcpu=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=softfp
> > -mfpu=neon -fPIC -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables
> > -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -O2"
>
> Why do you use those options and not the ones our configure script
> sets?

Because I use cross compiling for android on my linux host, and I don't know how
to use it otherwise. I cannot use configure on my android?

> > And my configure options : "--target-os=linux --cross-prefix=arm-eabi-
> > --arch=arm --enable-neon --enable-sram --enable-pic --enable-pthreads
> > --enable-armv5te --enable-armv6  --enable-armv6t2 --enable-armvfp
> > --disable-yasm --enable-iwmmxt--disable-mmx --disable-mmx2
> > --disable-amd3dnow --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-sse --disable-ssse3
> > -enable-static"
>
> You can get rid of just about all those options.

When I try to disable a lot of these features, performances are not the best on
android platform.

> > When I try to read an MP4 with H.264 video codec with this command line :
> >
> > ./ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4
> >
> > I have this error :
> > [1] + Stopped (signal)
> > And :
> > [1]   Segmentation fault
>
> That's not enough information to comment on.  In fact, it's not any
> information at all.  Please follow the bug reporting instructions.

Ok I'll submit a bug in the ffmpeg tracker with some debug information.
(following the bug reporting instructions)

> > When I try to debug why there is a segmentation fault it return a fault in
> > this function : ff_vector_fmul_window_neon in dsputil_neon.S
>
> That function has nothing to do with h264.

Yes, I think it's not a function for H.264 too, but it seems to appear only when
I try to read a H.264 video.

Thank you for your answer.