[FFmpeg-devel] [Error] Reading FFmpeg H.264 video

Nicolas Mivielle nmivielle
Fri Jun 4 17:10:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

I try to compile FFmpeg for Android device with NEON activated.

This is my GCC options : "-mcpu=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=softfp
-mfpu=neon -fPIC -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables
-fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -O2"

And my configure options : "--target-os=linux --cross-prefix=arm-eabi-
--arch=arm --enable-neon --enable-sram --enable-pic --enable-pthreads
--enable-armv5te --enable-armv6  --enable-armv6t2 --enable-armvfp
--disable-yasm --enable-iwmmxt--disable-mmx --disable-mmx2
--disable-amd3dnow --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-sse --disable-ssse3
-enable-static"

When I try to read an MP4 with H.264 video codec with this command line :

./ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4

I have this error :
[1] + Stopped (signal)
And :
[1]   Segmentation fault

I try to compile FFmpeg for iPhone with the same options and I don't have
the same problem, everything is perfect.
Is there a clue to solve my problem that seems to be very specific to
Android compilation?

When I try to debug why there is a segmentation fault it return a fault in
this function : ff_vector_fmul_window_neon in dsputil_neon.S
Why it works for iPhone and not on Android?

Thank you.

Nicolas.