[FFmpeg-devel] rtmp support and librtmp

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Jun 3 14:40:04 CEST 2010

On date Thursday 2010-06-03 20:06:10 +0800, trueice encoded:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM, aviad rozenhek <aviadr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > I'm using ffmpeg r23391 with librtmp support, trying to read data from an
> > > FMS 3.5.1.
> > > I've managed to stream to the FMS using the following cmdline, and was
> > able
> > > to view the stream using a flash player connected to FMS.
> > >
> > > ./ffmpeg -re -i myfile -f flv rtmp://myserver/live/mystream
> > >
> > > however using the equivalent ffplay cmdline to stream from FMS does not
> > work
> > > for me
> > >
> > > ./ffplay rtmp://myserver/live/mystream
> > >
> > > it says the stream is not found
> >
> try:
> ./ffplay "rtmp://myserver/live/mystream live=1"

Just want to note that we badly need some part of the docs explaining
how each protocol is going to be used.

We should be able to have a protocols.texi file included in the ff*
tools man pages as long as I'll commit my documentation patch series,
if someone is interested into documenting protocols she's very
welcome.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Funny & Fucking Most Programmable Eretic Generator