[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Add option for using PUT instead of POST in HTTP protocol

Martin Storsjö martin
Sat Jul 31 09:50:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Tomas H?rdin wrote:

> I've mentioned a couple of times on this list that users might want to
> use PUT to upload files instead of POST. As expected, I had to do that
> at work today. I solved it using a simple hack, but after asking around
> a bit on IRC it seems implementing this as an option in http's priv_data
> would be an acceptable solution.
>
> As a proposal, I added an int called "put" in HTTPContext, and a
> corresponding AVOption. If non-zero, it uses "PUT" instead of "POST" for
> uploads. See attached patch, although it's just for discussion purposes
> since I'm not entirely sure how to use AVOption. It compiles and tests
> fine though.

Looks sensible to me.

As said on irc, I'm a bit weary of adding options that aren't used by code
within ffmpeg, but this looks simple enough, so I think this could be
acceptable, once you've tested this to work in the environment you want to
use it in.

// Martin