[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg MPEG TS stream transcoding failed

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Thu Jul 29 21:44:09 CEST 2010

On 07/29/2010 08:35 PM, jianwen chen wrote:
> 3.  Questions
> So if I want support cavs TS transcoding, I mean in the TS file, the video
> is cavs and the audio can be any other formats.
> What should I do? We need a patch to do that?

To successfully store a video of certain type in a container
there must be some defined way of how a decoder/demuxer can
recognize the video type. In AVI it is a four-letter code
(fourcc) and I arbitrarily chose it to be "cavs". This is
not standardized anywhere so only software that uses a recent
enough libavformat can actually demux such Chinese-AVS-in-AVI
files.
For MPEG TS, the video codec is defined in a single byte
stream_type. You can see the currently supported types in
libavformat/mpegts.h as STREAM_TYPE_* and you can see that
there is no value for Chinese AVS. It either has not been
standardized or we are not aware of it. If you could somehow
clarify how Chinese AVS is supposed to be stored in TS
the actual patch itself would probably be trivial.

Stefan