[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Remove -crop* ffmpeg options

John Calcote john.calcote
Wed Jul 28 02:40:29 CEST 2010

 On 7/27/2010 5:40 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:08:18PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> these are more than 100 lines of obfuscated code that make more
>> difficult to hack/understand the code of ffmpeg.
>> This is going to broke many scripts, so we may provide an error
>> message, similiar to what is issued for the -pad* options.
>>
>> Is someone against?
> iam slightly in favor of removing them

Please don't forget to update the help text and the documentation when
you do. The last release had instructions for using both pad and crop.
Pad had been removed, breaking a lot of wrapper apps, and misleading
folks with the old docs.