[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter audio framework - split patches

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks
Tue Jul 13 11:43:20 CEST 2010

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram wrote:
> Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> On date Sunday 2010-07-11 16:47:21 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:

>> OK I indeed have the same concerns. I see two ways for fixing this:
>> implementing some form of heiry macros, *or* generalize the code.
>> [...]
>>
>> The alternative may be to define and use an AVFilterBuffer, define
>> avfilter_ref_buffer()/avfilter_unref_buffer(), and make each
>> AVFilterPicRef and AVFilterPicSamples refer to such an
>> AVFilterBuffer.
>>
>> The latter would break ABI/API, but that's maybe currently not a
>> concern.
>>
>> Regards.

This is the ffplay.c changes from yesterday that go with the
AVFilterPic/Buffer and sample/pixel formats generalizing patches sent
earlier for avfilter.c, avfilter.h, defaults.c and formats,c

Tested and works with both the default input/output filters and a
patched af_resample.

Regards,
Hemanth