[FFmpeg-devel] About ffmpeg XAVS support.

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Tue Jul 13 10:09:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM, jianwen chen
<jianwen.chen.video at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dear Jason Garrett,
>
> About your comments, I think it is very important for me and for the
> project. As you know, I am not a lawyer or a senior expert. I am just a
> fresh man with passions and want to do something useful for the open source
> community. If I make any mistake, thanks for your reminder. ?And please also
> tell me what I should do to correct this mistake. ?Thanks.
>
> By the way, I want to claim that I am not doing something can only be used
> in China. I want to do something good with high quality and high performance
> as you guys did. I have worked in the video processing area for more than 8
> years. I used ffmpeg and other very good opensource software for many years
> when I was in university. ?I want to do something for the open source
> community now. This project is just for my personal interests and have
> nothing to do with any 3-rd party organizations. If you think I made
> mistake, I can just delete all the code from the server forever. But this is
> not the best choice. Why not help me to improve and correct the codes? You
> are welcome, really.
>
> Lastly, I am not a culprit. ?Please be patient and kind to any fresh man. :)
> One of the charm of the open source is there are so many warm hearted
> technical guys with great passions. They provide a warm opensource community
> just like a family.

I'm not attacking you, just telling you to fix your problem.  No need
to be defensive and post silly long emails, just revert the commit and
give credit and everyone's happy.

Dark Shikari