[FFmpeg-devel] Patches from XBMC

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Fri Jul 9 23:23:46 CEST 2010

Joakim Plate <elupus <at> ecce.se> writes:

http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/a9f54fa6c8291093e57b939a1157804cd7569fef

> > I would love to get a relevant sample (or understand the commit message).
>
> It's to make the spdif muxer strip of DTS-HD and EAC3 so that the core
> DTS/AC3 is output over spdif. I don't expect that would be something that
> would be interesting upstream. A bitstream filter would have been a better
> tool, but this was an easier quicker fix.

I just tested the patch -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/112620 - on an
AC-3/E-AC-3 Depending substream sample and a DTS-HD sample and the patch does
not change output (in the E-AC-3 case, for DTS-HD I get the same - expected -
error in both cases).

Could you try to clarify?

Thank you, Carl Eugen