[FFmpeg-devel] Democratic election of the server admins

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jul 5 23:23:20 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 01:54:54AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> What i ask for is just the basic power anyone creating a project on
> soureforge has
> Also in all of ffmpegs existence i only once requested an account to
> be closed (uotis) and while this was an obvious clear case it was a
> nightmare to get it through the admin team.
> would i ask them to close their own accounts, well, forget it. They
> know they wouldnt and so they can commit whatever they like.

No, all it takes is one word from you.  I would close my own FFmpeg
account without hesitation.

Now it's good to answer this after cooling down from the last round of
extensive flamage, but I can only echo what Mans said: From where I am
standing this very much feels like an underhanded plot to get rid of me.
If you want me out, just say so, don't beat around the bush and set up
red tape that is designed to accomplish a different goal than what it
appears to at first glance.

Also, you seem to think of the admin position as a power position, when
the three admins taking care of the job see it more as necessary work
that is unglamorous but needs to be done.

Like my fix for the docs generation script yesterday. Go into the shell
script, debug what is going wrong, fix it, run it to update the docs.
It did take about half an hour in the end.

I also noticed that it does not generate the Doxygen docs, but it seems
natural to generate them on mphq, so that's what I put next on my ToDo
list.  I estimate it will add up to another hour or so between testing
and making all the small homepage changes.  Unglamorous work that is
hardly noticed.

Diego