[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] an aes "optimization"

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Jul 2 21:15:42 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
[..]
> On PPC64 (using gcc 4.3.5) the timer seems seems to be broken, because
> it claims a ridiculously low 213 vs. 216 decicycles (the difference
> is below the precision of measurement)...

The problem is that on PPC, the only CPU-model independent timer
that's available is the "The Time Base Registers", which is increment
by one every four *bus* cycles.

CF: ffmpeg-svn/doc/ffmpeg_powerpc_performance_evaluation_howto.txt

Cheers,

Guillaume
--
"I am the Jesus Christ of politics. I sacrifice myself for everyone."

 -- Silvio Berlusconi