[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Scale filter should use multiples of 2

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Jul 1 23:40:23 CEST 2010

On date Thursday 2010-07-01 23:28:03 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 04:27:33PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Thursday 2010-07-01 10:00:18 -0400, Daniel G. Taylor encoded:
[...]
> > > Also, what other use cases are there for such a system? We can round
> > > to the nearest multiple, but what else would it do that warrants
> > > such a system?
> >
> > For example you may to parametrically change the size:
> > # double size
> > scale=2*w:2*h
> > # decrease size by 50%
> > scale=w/2:h/2
> > # invert w/h sizes
> > scale=h:w
> > # seek for greek harmony
> > scale=h*PHI:h
>
> include time and all kinds of odd effects become possible

This would require scale context re-initialization and filter graph
re-configuration, it's a little complicated but would be definitively
interesting.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fast & Furious Meaningless Peaceful Enhancing Gadget