[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Use Transfer-Encoding: chunked (and perhaps PUT) for HTTP uploads

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Tue Jan 12 09:15:51 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 10:23 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Tomas H?rdin <tomas.hardin at codemill.se> wrote:
> > By the way, since the return value of url_close() is never checked
> > anywhere, and every protocol always returns zero (except this patch of
> > course) then maybe url_close() should return void instead of int?
>
> That's what I was thinking also. There is no reason that *_close()
> would return anything else than OK. In posix and everywhere, close is
> always void, and I don't think anyone ever checks it anyway.
>
> Opinions? (Yes I realize this is an API change, so we'll put it under
> an ifdef for the public parts.)
>
> Ronald

No responses yet. However, I think the patch I supplied earlier should
be commited on its own, since an API change should be a separate patch.
That way this discussion about url_close() can be handled in another
thread.

/Tomas