[FFmpeg-devel] av_resample_init() optimization

Olivier Guilyardi list
Thu Jan 7 15:28:18 CET 2010

On 01/06/2010 10:14 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 07:34:42PM +0100, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>> I'm using libavcodec resampling on an Android ARM (Qualcomm MSM7200A 528 MHz)
>> device, without FPU support. The fact that it's integer-based is really great
>> for performances (this is for a closed source application, but I plan full LGPL
>> compliance with dynamic linking).
>
> If you think license compliance hinges on the type of linking, you're in
> for a nasty surprise.  That's akin to believing that using condoms is
> placing them next to the bed.

Well, placing condoms next to the bed is a good step forward using them.

Don't worry, I know the LGPL. Dynamic linking is just a (tricky) technical
detail of my plans for full compliance on the Android platform. More about that
later, in a appropriate thread, when my approach is ready and documented.

--
  Olivier