[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavformat: URL reassembly with IPv6 addresses

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Feb 26 22:01:09 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Martin Storsj? <martin at martin.st> wrote:
> Ok, so what about the attached patch?

Summary of IRC discussion:
- almost always (but not always, e.g. HTTP request header), this is
used in combination with a protocol, and that'd require a temporary
buffer plus two extra lines of code to get to the final URI; would be
nice if that was done directly. If that's a little non-optimal, that's
OK, because it's not speed-critical, I'd prefer very much that the
calling code is small (i.e. one-liner), pretty much as simple as
snprintf(buf, .., "tcp://%s:%d?...", etc);.
- don't use av_strlcat() on an uninitialized buffer, it might not be zero'ed out

> Is using the url_ prefix good
> enough, or should we add av_ to new public functions like this one? Or
> should it go into some libavformat-internal header (network.h or something
> similar?), with an ff_ prefix?

I guess ff_url_ is good enough, I don't think we want to export this,
at least not yet. And url_split() is bad, should be ff_url_split(), if
you're interested in upping your SVN stats.

Ronald