[FFmpeg-devel] Fix libx264

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Wed Feb 24 00:32:39 CET 2010

2010/2/24 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:
>> Perhaps it wasn't designed for cross-compilation, but that doesn't
>> mean it's not perfect for it.
>
> Not perfect, eh? ?Newspeak for DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AT ALL?

Read carefully, it's a double negative: doesn't mean it's not perfect
=> it means it might be perfect.

>> I personally cross-compile on a daily basis to an ARM platform using
>> pkg-config, and quite often to mingw32. In fact pkg-config makes
>> cross-compilation very easy for me.
>
> I'll remind you of that next time you come begging for help on irc.

I don't know what you are talking about. If I asked for help to
cross-compile something on IRC it was probably FFmpeg, which doesn't
use pkg-config. So I don't see how that could be relevant.

>> I definitely would use this --use-pkg-config option.
>
> Thanks, I take that as a sign it's not a good idea, and will not
> consider adding such a thing. ?I wasn't considering it anyway, but now
> I won't even have to consider considering it.

I guess I should take that as; I don't want to reason.

--
Felipe Contreras