[FFmpeg-devel] Fix libx264

Måns Rullgård mans
Tue Feb 23 14:35:17 CET 2010

Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:

>>> You don't need different flags if you use a different compiler,
>>
>> That's the silliest claim I've read all week. ?I have a number of
>> compilers here, all targeting Linux/ARM, with totally incompatible
>> flags.
>
> They all support -l${library} don't they? Otherwise the current
> "require  libx264 x264.h x264_encoder_encode -lx264 -lm" wouldn't
> work. Therefore they all support -lpthread, or whatever pkg-config
> throws.

Yes, all compilers I know of support -llib, but they do *NOT* all
support -pthread, -pthreads, -Kthreads, etc.

>>> you need different flags if you use a different system,
>>
>> The compiler is part of the system. ?Ergo, using a different means
>> using a different system.
>
> No. I have a Fedora system in my PC, and I can use gcc or clang. Same
> system, different compiler.

You are very narrow-minded.

>>> but pkg-config is meant to be used on the same system. So there are
>>> no problems.
>>
>> You really have no clue at all.
>
> Your definition of "system" must be different than the rest of the
> world then.

Call it build environment then.  Whatever you choose to call it, the
compiler is part of it, and the flags can change without .pc files
magically updating themselves.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com