[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: framebuffer device demuxer

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Feb 22 12:10:59 CET 2010

Hi,

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[...]
>>> If you has interest for included in the FFmpeg source code official, the
>>> attachment contain the files modified and implemented.
>>>

>> First, thanks a lot for your work.
>> Would it be possible for you to send a patch ? (diff -wup) of your tree
>> and send it attached in ffmpeg-devel mailing list ?
>
> Patch picked up and cleaned.
>
> BTW, I still can't find a sane way to use it, ffplay /dev/fb0 -f
> framebuffer only shows random stuff.

I tried it, and
	ffmpeg -y -f framebuffer -r 25 -i /dev/fb0 test.avi
almost works. By "almost" I mean that the video seems
to be correctly captured, but the frame rate is wrong
(I get 4fps).

 From a quick look at the patch, the code implementing
the timing seems to be overly complex (and looks wrong
- but I did not completely check). Anyway, this seems
to be the cause for the wrong frame rate I obtain.
Moreover, I believe that support for the NONBLOCK flag
should be implemented before the patch is ready for svn.

Finally, a warning: are your sure about the license?
The code claims to be LGPL, but seems to be based on
GPLed code.

			Luca