[FFmpeg-devel] Adding G2M3 to FFMPEG gig

compn tempn
Fri Feb 19 16:05:17 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 04:58:07 -0800, Troy Gardner wrote:
>I see from this list
>
>http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-January/060311.html
>G2M3 is like #10 on the unsupported list.
>
>I'm willing to pay to get this $!%! G2M3  codec added to FFMPEG for an
>important project. AND give it back the code to the community so all could
>use the work.
>
>Any takers?  Any links that might help out?

g2m3 works in mplayer/mencoder using the binary codecs, if you
just need to transcode videos, you might want to look into that.

bounties are always useful in getting a codec RE'd. i think we have
samples already (thanks to picsearch). codec specs would speed things
up, sometimes if you ask the company they will provide them.

-compn