[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-02-17

Alex Converse alex.converse
Thu Feb 18 22:14:56 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:00:53AM +0000, irc at mansr.com wrote:
> [...]
> > [20:48:21] <peloverde> I did, I tracked down the commit and michael tried to shift the blame
>
> > [20:49:03] * DonDiego bites his tongue :)
>
> what was kinnhaken in english? ;)
>

> > [20:49:10] <mru> bitching here won't help
> > [20:49:33] <mru> at least not until michael reads the logs
>
> dont bet on me reading and finding all things in here, if theres something
> important like a bug clearly tell me please. The log's so full of idle off
> topic chatter that shouldnt be in the ffmpeg-dev log ...
>
> [...]
>
> > [21:10:19] <peloverde> hmm.... The mpeg_decode_postinit happens in r21624, sorry michael! fate needs a better way of tracking this stuff
>
> appology accepted ... if you think theres any issue left tell me clearly
> please, i dont have time to recheck the same files 3 times because there
> might be something ...
> I looked at them when the originally changed i didnt afterwards

The question thst remains are from the change is:

* does the test spec need to be changed from "-t 0.6" to "-t 1.05"?
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20100202.020627.37d0534d.el.html

Not related to teh change but related to FATE itself:
*Is it possible to keep some reference stderr from passing tests so we
know that it is supposed to spew:

[mpeg2video @ 0x84a6650]mpeg_decode_postinit() failure
Error while decoding stream #0.0
Error while decoding stream #0.0
Error while decoding stream #0.0
Error while decoding stream #0.0
Error while decoding stream #0.0
Error while decoding stream #0.0

When you look at a test that's gone from green to red and you see that
it's natural to assume that those errors have soemthing to do with the
problem.