[FFmpeg-devel] [FATE] Fix aborting tests

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Feb 2 18:52:49 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 04:49:48PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> As you have hopefully noticed, most of the FATE systems are only
> reporting 127 tests.  The reason for this is a recent change causing
> the svq3 test to fail.  FATE records the stderr output of failed
> tests, and this one prints some non-utf8 bytes from the metadata in
> the file, which in turn causes python/sqlite to choke and abort.

While of course FATE should be fixed, I think the MOV demuxer should
convert the parts where latin1 is usually stored in the file to UTF-8,
I did this already for one other field (encoder name or so), but it
seems it applies to more.
Or are those fields supposed to be UTF-8 and the file is just broken?