[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] How to fix DR+lavfi+vflip crash

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Dec 28 11:34:53 CET 2010

On date Tuesday 2010-12-28 05:00:36 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:43:32PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
[...]
> > Can we please force 16-byte alignment on buffers allocated within lav*?
>
> We already have that except when pad/crop is used.
> for them 16byte alignment means memcpy if their parameters arenr multiple of
> 16
> we should be able to handle this easily with adding some flag in line of
> negative linesizes thus avoiding the copy when the next filter doesnt need
> alignment.

Yes that was my idea, and we could have a fast version of the crop/pad
filters (crop16/pad16) which always align the returned buffers by 16.

--
FFmpeg = Frenzy and Fantastic Mega Perennial Elaborated Gadget