[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Some ideas for roundup

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Dec 20 12:39:53 CET 2010

On date Saturday 2010-10-09 13:19:52 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 01:15:28PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 11:52:10AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > here there are some ideas I have in mind since some time which I'd
> > > like to apply to roundup soon or later.
> > >
> > > * per-issue tagging
> > >   This may be useful for categorizing the issues per type,
> > >   e.g. licensing related issues, ffplay related issues, libavformat
> > >   related issues, crash related isssues and so on.
> >
> > We have that and its called topic
> > how did you miss it, its quite clearly vissible i thought?
>
> Btw iam in favor of renaming it in the web interface to tag

Topic or tag is quite indifferent to me.

> [...]
> > > * per-issue funding
> > >   It should be possible for an user to fund the resolution of an
> > >   issue. The money may be devolved to the fondation and re-imbursed to
> > >   the donor if the issue is not fixed in some variable amount of
> > >   time. The money may be assigned to the fixer and in part to the
> > >   foundation (e.g. 80% to the fixer and 20% to the foundation).
> > >
> > >   Here things may be tricky if we want to avoid conflicts amongst
> > >   developers (e.g. two devs working at the same issue, or when it is
> > >   not clear which is the "right" solution", also complex issues
> > >   usually require much work which may be shared amongst several
> > >   developers), so we have to consider if the cons prevail over the
> > >   pros.
> > >
> > >   (Another consideration is that bug-funding may lead to more bugs.)
> > >
> > >   And to make more fun we should accept not only money but whatever
> > >   the donor like (e.g. a postcard, a peluche, some HW, a box of
> > >   special beer, potatoes, whatever but possibly not illegal.)
> >
> > we can add a funding topic to issues where there is funding if people want
>
> s/topic/tag/ (for understandability)

Other issues:

* it would be nice to show the creation date rather than the activity,
  older issues should be displayed on top of the list by default so
  that they will get more attention

* what about to list all the bugs on the same page? It is quite
  annoying to browse through many pages, having all the bugs on the
  same page would be much simpler.

* issue filtering: for example I might want to see only the issues
  related to topic1+topic2-topic3 which are older than two
  months. Would be this possible?

* a topic-cloud displayed somewhere in the page would be cool
--
FFmpeg = Fancy & Fascinating Magical Portable Extended Geisha