[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Negative Bitrate Assertion Error

David Czech davidczech510
Sun Dec 19 22:14:10 CET 2010

>  >From a security-perspective I think this is questionable, we should
>not assign invalid values in the first place, who knows what kind of
>code might be between the assignment and this "fixup" code where
>negative values might cause issues.

I'm not entirely sure if something else sets an invalid bit_rate, but I
mentioned earlier that (at least in the case of my test sample) that at
utils.c:1871 ic->bit_rate is zero, and st->codec->bit_rate on 1878 is the
negative value being introduced and assigned to ic->bit_rate.