[FFmpeg-devel] ALS optimizations

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski
Thu Dec 16 14:56:36 CET 2010

I'm trying to optimize ALS decoding for a specific platform. There are
several repeated MUL64() calls in libavcodec/alsdec.c, that can be very
well optimized. one of them already provided a 10% boost. But others lie
on paths, that are never entered with sample ALS files from "fate." How
can I produce or where can I get from files, that would also use those
other paths?

E.g., in decode_var_block_data() "if (*bd->use_ltp)" is never entered,
similarly "if (bd->ra_block)" and revert_channel_correlation() is never
called at all.

Thanks
Guennadi
---