[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] unix socket protocol and our proto situation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Dec 15 15:35:14 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:31 AM, aviad rozenhek <aviadr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 64k socket buffer asked for by ffmpeg is too small, especially when
> using higher bitrate streams like 10mbps and up.
> using 250k is much more reasonable IMHO and works much better.
> using a tight loop to read from the socket improves on the current
> situation, but does not fix it.
> increasing the buffer size solves it completely, and requires no code.

I think this is fine, but if you change default, please document that
properly in changelog and try making it settable, if possible, with a
AVOption in the RTSPDemuxer. That way apps that want smaller buffers
don't have to waste memory.

Ronald