[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning failure on Android

Martin Storsjö martin
Wed Dec 8 23:16:51 CET 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 11:07:19PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > The even more straightforward solution would be to add an option
> > --disable-symver - then it's totally up to the user if he wants it or not.
> > The problem then, of course, is for the user to figure out that he
> > actually needs this (it isn't totally obvious what's wrong when the
> > application hangs when calling a symbol with multiple versions, where the
> > fallback calls itself).
>
> Add a guard variable that detects that case.
> Note: might be tricky without causing issues with multi-threading.

Hmm, it might be good, but I'm not sure if it's worth littering all the
fallback symbols with such code, and it feels like overkill (if done
properly not to interfere with multithreading).

Yet another suggestion attached, this one adds the option
--disable-symver.

// Martin