[FFmpeg-devel] HLS problem

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Dec 8 19:10:45 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 12:18:14PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, aviad rozenhek wrote:
>
> > you are probably correct that the playback problems i'm seeing are due to
> > buffering issues, but still the slew of aac decoding error logs is
> > worrisome. do you think its a bug in the aac encoder, missing data, or
> > what?!?
> > my tests show that the aac error logs still happen when I let ffplay buffer
> > for a long time before playing.
>
> Not sure what these come from. You could download all the mpegts segment
> files from a playlist, concatenate them to a long .ts file, and play back
> that, and you probably get the same errors. If you hand that file to
> someone more knowledgeable on AAC and mpegts, they may be able to give a
> better verdict on the issue.

There is a roundup bug with patch for that.
The issue is that some code uses url_read instead of url_read_complete,
at least in some cases with http that means the code ends up using
unintialized data and worse that uninitialized data will even appear
in addition to valid data so not even the file offsets make any sense
anymore (at least it looked like that to me, though the first part
alone is bad enough).