[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning failure on Android

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Wed Dec 8 12:13:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 11:37:56AM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> [...]
>
> An even more accurate, but more messy, solution would be to link a full
> binary, then examine the built binary and see if it specifies
> /system/bin/linker as its dynamic linker. (I'm not totally sure of how to
> achieve that cleanly, though.)

You can add a function like:

check_string(){
    log check_string "$@"
    str="$1"
    shift
    check_ld "$@" && strings $TMPE | grep -q "$str"
}

And then you can use it this way:

check_string /system/bin/linker <<EOF && echo disable symver
int main(void){ return 0; }
EOF

I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, but it should work...

Aurel