[FFmpeg-devel] Read this if you are porting filters from MPlayer

compn tempn
Fri Dec 3 05:35:45 CET 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:07:38 -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>>> You should not be so harsh on high school students... this is not
>>> Google Summer of Code, this is Google Code-In. ?Most of them neither
>>> have the time, nor the skill; nor the sanity, to deal with this level
>>> of nitpicks.
>>>
>>> I am doing my best to try to recruit new blood to the project; don't
>>> scare them away.
>>
>> its embarrassing but i was unware of them being students from code in.
>> if them being high scool students being considered i agree with you that my
>> comment was way too harsh, i was writing this in the belive that they where
>> older and experienced developers
>>
>> Thats what happens with IRC-logs being dead and myself not being on IRC ...
>> either way id appreciate if people could give a quick summary of such major
>> things like google code in students from other projects working on ffmpeg.
>> Not everyone is on IRC and i would suspect iam not the only one who didnt
>> know about that.

>1.  x264 got into Google Code-In through Videolan.
>
>2.  One of our proposed tasks was to port filters to x264's filter framework.
>
>3.  Loren decreed that we shall port them to libavfilter instead, then
>call them from x264, to avoid code duplication.
>
>4.  <We smuggle ffmpeg tasks into Google Code-In through x264 through Videolan>
>
>5.  The current situation.

well, you could always tell the students not to change the libmpcodecs
asm when portan' :)

is there a repo or wiki or webpage or ml that has a summary of done
filters or porting status etc? or is it all organized on irc (and if
irc, which channel?

-compn