[FFmpeg-devel] New information on EALater3 MPEG audio-derived codec

Jonathan Wilson jfwfreo
Fri Aug 27 03:49:24 CEST 2010

Some information on the EALayer3 audio codec as used in Command & Conquer
3, Red Alert 3 and Command & Conquer 4 has been posted here
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=EA_SAGE_Audio_Files
and here
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=EALayer3
Also code for decoding EALayer3 (under BSD license) is here
http://bitbucket.org/Zenchreal/ealayer3

Hopefully this information is of use to allow someone to support this
format in FFMPEG (better yet, hopefully someone can write an encoder for
it). I dont know anything about the internals of the FFMPEG MPEG audio
decoder otherwise I would write some patches myself.