[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] 50% faster H.264 decoding

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Mon Aug 23 15:18:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 08/23/2010 07:39 AM, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>> How in the world would instrinsics solve that problem? ?There is no
>> compiler in the world that will magically rewrite your algorithm to
>> use completely different instructions on a given architecture.
>
> You described what a compiler generally does...

No, I described what a human does.  Compilers are not capable of
rewriting your entire program wholesale to do something entirely
different (well, except perhaps if they are buggy).

Dark Shikari