[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] 50% faster H.264 decoding

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Aug 19 16:16:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Same speed. Attached is an updated version that fixes a bug in one of
> the fate samples where mx gets changed and thus we called the wrong
> version.

Oh yeah, one thing I noticed is that the SSSE3 version of RV40 chroma
MC is missing, probably b/c of the different rounding. Is there any
reason it's implemented this way and (given no speed loss for
H264/VC1), is it OK if I change the SSSE3 function prototype to fit
RV40 as well, like the MMX function prototype? Should make RV40
decoding significantly faster.

Ronald