[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] #define LAVF_API_MAX_STREAMS
Tue Aug 17 21:27:17 CEST 2010
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 02:18:12PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 07:21:09PM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We currently have quite a few new API (or API deprecation) in lavf/lavc
> > which are waiting for a major version bump to be fully enabled. Some of
> > those new API are fully functionnal and ready to be used, some of them
> > are work in progress that don't even compile for now (eg. AVPalette
> > removal).
> > All of them are currently protected by some check like:
> > #if LIBAVFORMAT_VERSION_MAJOR < 53
> > So we now have quite of mess of MAJOR version check all around and it's
> > not always easy to say which one match which API change. Moreover, it's
> > not easy to enable just one of those API change to conduct some tests.
> > Just bumping the major lead to a non-compilable source tree.
> > So I propose to add one new define for each API transition we are
> > working on. This would allow to trivially test each transition
> > individually, and also to trivially re-schedule an (incomplete)
> > transition to next major bump when bumping major.
> > For example this allows testing the API transition with something like:
> > ./configure --extra-cflags=-DLAVF_API_MAX_STREAMS=0
> > Attached patch does this for the currently worked on MAX_STREAMS
> > transition, and I plan to propose patches for other transitions if this
> > one is accepted.
> > Aurel
> > avformat.h | 6 +++++-
> > mpegts.c | 2 +-
> > nutdec.c | 2 +-
> > 3 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> > e11c7306927589563fb0d12fc5b3aae2f54aac8c lavf_api_max_streams.diff
> if people want that then ok
More information about the ffmpeg-devel