[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] Remove MAX_STREAMS usages

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Mon Aug 9 18:51:49 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 10:40:40PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> this is just a quick hack that removes all usages of
> MAX_STREAMS.
> However this is not supposed to be a final patch,
> I think that the ffmpeg.c and ffserver.c changes
> will mean crashes are possible after changing
> the API.

Yes. It would crash when trying to read more than FFM_MAX_STREAMS.
But IMHO, this shouldn't prevent changing the API.
ffmpeg/ffserver can always be improved afterward.
Anybody disagree ?

> I want to strongly request (de-)muxer maintainers
> to fix their code, they should be independent of
> any API change, and we do not want to have to discuss
> with so many maintainers when we finally need to bump
> major.

Agree.

It happend that I started working on this issue again, just yesterday.
Attached are some patches to fix RDT and RTSP (your simple version would
most certainly not work, and at least leak memory).
So please, RDT/RTSP expert, review this.
I also attached a simpler variant of the ffmpeg/ffserver "fix".

Aurel