[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Add option for using PUT instead of POST in HTTP protocol

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Mon Aug 2 16:38:43 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 09:31 +0200, Niobos wrote:
> I might be violating a couple of dozen coding practices here, but I'll
> risk being flamed.
>
> On 2010-07-30 16:07, Tomas H?rdin wrote:
> > As a proposal, I added an int called "put" in HTTPContext, and a
> > corresponding AVOption. If non-zero, it uses "PUT" instead of "POST" for
> > uploads.
> Why not an "enum {POST, PUT} method"? That way it's easy to extend it to
> whatever other method someone might have invented for whatever purpose?

HTTP only has PUT and POST for data upload AFAIK. There are some other
methods besides those and GET, like HEAD and DELETE. In that case maybe
a string option would be a better idea?

/Tomas